Sunday, January 25, 2009

Petey Kisses

As I have said in previous posts, Petey is a one dog welcoming committee. He is always glad for us to come home. He knows our patterns very well, so once he's done the Petey dance to welcome into the house, he'll run to the room we generally enter first. For me that is usually the bathroom!! So, when I get home from work, Petey will welcome me at the door then run to the bathroom door and wait for me. I take care of business and change clothes. He'll prance and carry on while I'm doing so, like he hasn't seen me in months. Part of the ritual includes what we've come to call Petey Kisses. This is when, he'll sneak up behind us and put his nose on our calves. It is very sweet. It is also very cold.

The temperature of Petey's nose is somewhere near absolute zero, no matter what the outside temperature is; Petey's nose is COLD!! This could be part of the reason he keeps his head on the heating vent. His nose is so cold, that in the summer time, we're surprised that we don't hear a sizzle when we are kissed. A cold spot remains for several minutes while our bodies are working to bring that spot back up to normal temperature. We're thinking of renting him out to dermatologists for cryosurgery!!

No comments: