Sunday, April 11, 2010

Petey and the Laundry

If you have read this blog for any length of time you know how much Petey loves the laundry room. He loves the warm laundry right out of the dryer and his treats are kept in there. Any time any one goes in there Petey is right there with them. There is always the possibility for warm clothes to burrow in or an extra treat. He can't take the chance and miss out.

Typically when I do the laundry, I sort the laundry by putting one type in the washer as I sort and the other in piles in the floor. Yesterday, I was putting the dark colors in the washer and tossing the rest in to their various piles on the floor with Petey in the midst. Petey seems to enjoy this. Even cold, smelly clothes are fun things in which to burrow. He was in a particularly playful mood, so I tossed some of the clothes directly on him. It was so much fun for both of us!!!

The laundry was progressing as usual and had just put the final load in, and decided to check out what was going on in the world via the internet. As I scooted up, my foot hit something soft under the computer table. I discovered a dirty, balled up sock.

Since Petey likes to sit under the computer table when I am sitting there, I was forced to conclude that he did it. I think that he was taking our fun with laundry to a whole new level, and I just didn't know it. We could be in for a whole new adventure, playing hide & seek with the laundry. I am going to have to make sure that I put my 'unmentionables' in first. I don't want to have to track those down throughout the house!

No comments: