Thursday, November 27, 2008

Petey's Beginning's

I love blogs. I have several blogs I check every day. I have wanted to join the fun for sometime, but most of the blogs I read are families with young children. They have lots of cute stuff to put on their blogs. I felt like I didn't have what it took to participate in this cyber-world until yesterday when I saw a blog about some one's pet. Then I remembered I have a pet and he is unique to say the least. People at work ask what he's been up to just like they ask about other people's children. So my blog is all about Pete.

The first few posts will have to be background. It takes a good bit of background to truly understand a petey-dog. He's very complex and one post would be too long for anyone to want to read.

For now we'll start with a few basics and how Petey came in to our lives. Petey is a rat terrier. If you know anything about dog breeds, you know that rat terriers are very nervous dogs. As a result Petey shakes a lot. But, John's first encounter with Petey was when he was a puppy, even before John & I met. John was working in his back yard and Petey came from his back yard through the neighbor's back yard and into John's yard in order to bark at him properly. Rat terriers are small dogs; but Petey doesn't seem to realize this. John tried to make friends with Petey, but he didn't want to be friends, so it became a personal challenge for John. Needless to say, John prevailed.

Fast forward until Petey was about 4 1/2 years old. John & I were married and both friends with Petey. His owner was moving and unable to take him to her new place, so she asked if we would be willing to adopt Petey. We agreed. That is how it all began.

I'll pick up the next post there.

No comments: