Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Petey Watched the News

John, Petey and I went to my mother’s house for a quick visit yesterday. Petey likes to go to Nanny’s house, just like a preschooler going to Grandma’s. He roams around, looks for things to sniff, and rolls around on the carpet. All the fun things a dog likes to do. John, Mama & I were in the living room chatting and the TV was on. Petey came in and jumped up in John’s lap, directly across the room from me. He was calmly sitting there as we visited. In a little bit, I noticed that Petey’s posture had changed dramatically. He was ‘sitting at attention’ with his ears straight up in the air listening intently to the news. I pointed it out about the time both John and my mother noticed. There was a news story on the television about some dogs that had to be removed from a home where they were not being cared for properly. The reporter was interviewing someone at the shelter, where the dogs had been taken. There were dogs barking in the background. We all wondered if Petey understood the barks. We all watched Petey, watch the news. As soon as that story was over, Petey went back to his regular, more relaxed posture. Draw your own conclusions…

No comments: