Sunday, August 30, 2009

Petey's New Toy

Have you seen those balls that you put in the dryer to keep you clothes from getting static cling? I'd post a picture but I'm still having technical difficulties. I purchased a set several months ago on a whim. They were on the "As Seen On TV" section of a local drug store, they seemed neat, and weren't too expensive, so I took a gamble. For the record, they are pretty much useless. So, what does this have to do with Petey?

Last night John was sorting through some laundry which was on the bed, and the ball rolled out. He picked it up and was messing with it as we talked. I was in a nearby chair. Petey was on the bed. He loves fresh laundry. He'll follow us from the laundry room when we have a load of freshly dried, warm clothes, so that he can burrow down in them.

Petey, we thought, was waiting for a good chance to burrow. We noticed though, that he was grabbing for the ball as John was tossing it around. When John realized that, he tossed the ball to me. Petey jumped off the bed in an attempt to catch it, as though we were playing Keep Away. As we have already established, I am the softie, so I tossed it to him. He promptly trotted out of the room with it. John commented that we'd never see that ball again.

We went to see where Petey had gone with the ball. He had deposited it on the hearth near one of his beds, where he keeps the rest of his toys. I walked over to his bed, Petey grabbed another toy and ran over to me with it, as if to distract me from the laundry ball. John was right. He thought that ball was his. We won't be using it in the laundry any more. That is unless Petey wants it warmed up to keep with him while he's burrowed in to the fresh, clean laundry.

No comments: