Friday, November 27, 2009

Petey was a Good Boy

Petey was a very good boy yesterday. After he got through barking because people knocked on the door, he relaxed and tolerated everyone just fine. He was so good, I fed him a little turkey from the table and put some leftovers in his bowl. That was good, but the best part for him was when his blankets and beds got put back in the living room.

I had just left everything in the dryer on Wednesday because I knew I wouldn't be needing the dryer and it was as good a place as any to keep the stuff. Yesterday afternoon after everyone left, I got the blankets & snuggi out of the dryer. A happier dog has never been seen. I dumped them all on the love seat with the intention of putting each blanket in the proper place, but Petey was up in the middle of them the second they hit the seat. Rather than pulling them out from under him, I let him enjoy the moment. After a little while, about 2 hours probably, I was able to string the blankets back out across the living room in the normal state of disarray that Petey likes so well.

He's on the couch now up against his pillows, under the blue blanket and the snuggi close at hand in case he needs more softness & warmth.

No comments: