Saturday, May 7, 2011

Leaving



Last night John & I had to go to a graduation banquet like we do every spring. We came home from work as usual and followed our typical routine and all was well.

Then we started changing in to our extra nice clothes for the evening and all was not well. Petey noticed John changing clothes and came rushing to tell me and saw me changing clothes. That was more than he could take. I tried to explain that we'd be home about bedtime but he skulked out of the room all dejected.

I walked in to the living room later and found this:
It is his position when someone is gone. From this vantage point he can see the driveway and easily meet the wayward one at the door upon their return. He knew what was happening and decided to be prepared, or maybe make us feel bad for leaving!

IDK if he stayed there the whole time we were gone or not. He met us at the door when we came home.

No comments: