Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Bathroom

We have two bathrooms in our house. The original one in the house is located in the hallway. We being the creative people we are, call it the "hall bathroom." The other bathroom is in the back of the house off of the master bedroom. We call it the "back bathroom."

I (Lori) use the back bathroom almost exclusively. John uses the hall bathroom the most. He gets up first and showers there so as not to disturb my beauty rest. In the evenings, when we're watching TV and decide to make a quick trip to the bathroom during commercials, John heads to the hall and I head to the back. It wasn't a deliberate, conscious decision on our parts it just happened. We didn't realize that Petey apparently thought it was a rule that John use the hall bathroom and I use the back one, exclusively.

Yesterday, just Pete and I were alone in the house. I was baking when I needed to use the bathroom. I figured I could take care of business and get back before the buzzer buzzed. But, since I knew that I could definitely hear the buzzer in the hall bathroom, I chose to go in there.

Petey who had been observing me closely from his perch on the couch, quickly noticed the error of my ways. He launched himself from the arm of the couch and scurried in to the bathroom straight to me as I sat on the toilet. He gave me a hard stare. I'm not sure if I was in grave danger or grave trouble.

I tried to explain that there was no problem with me using this bathroom. He would have none of it. I quickly finished what I had to do and got out of there. For both our sakes.

No comments: