Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Petey and P90X

I (Lori) started doing the P90X workout & nutrition plan on October 1.  John and I discussed it.  Initially, he planned to do it also but changed his mind for some very good reasons.  He's always been the smart one.  Even though, John and I discussed it and agreed, we failed to mention this to Petey.  When will we learn?

Petey does not like the P90X workout at all.  He could care less about the nutrition plan, but he cannot stand for me to be jumping around in the living room.  I've tried sneaking in there while he's asleep in another room but I always get busted.  For some unknown reason it is not allowed for him to be in another room while I work out.  It must be against the Petey code. 

For some of the routines, I must lay in the floor.  This is a real affront to Petey.  Every time I get in the floor he comes over and licks my face frantically.  I don't think I am displaying signs of unconsciousness or any distress that might require constant face licking.  Until today, I thought that he liked the salty taste from the sweat perspiration glistening.

Today, when I refused to stop after the frantic licking, he flung himself down on his brown pillow in the living room.  He made sure that his back was to me.  Periodically, he would sigh and look over his shoulder to see if I knew he was shunning me.

As the day went along he finally forgave me.  The problem is, there is another workout tomorrow.

No comments: