Thursday, April 30, 2009

Petey's Paws

Petey licks his paws, much like humans bite their fingernails, just a nervous habit. Imagine that, Petey has a nervous habit!! John & I try to distract him when he really gets going, by snapping our fingers. Petey knows the snap and will quit, for a second or two.

Just now, Petey was laying beside me on the couch and was licking his paws. I snapped my fingers and he stopped, momentarily. I snapped my fingers again and he moved to the end of the couch. He put his nose and paws under the pillow and resumed licking. I could see that little head just bobbing up and down. As I snapped my fingers again, I told Petey that I could still see him. He looked at me with some surprise.

He was smart enough to try and hide, since he knew he wasn't supposed to be doing that, but not quite smart enough to hide completely. Gotta love the logic!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does he do it more after he's been outside digging? Maybe he is allergic? Maybe, just saying, MAYBE he's allergic to YOU. After all, you are allergic to HIM. heehee.

Jan

(I'm up at 2:00am with allergies myself. Who's following me around, THE CAT! Probably one of my allergies)

Lori said...

I hadn't thought about it, but maybe he is!!!

I'm glad I gave you something to do at 2:00 AM!!

Anonymous said...

Tipper would like her paws until they were red. I'd have to spray them with a cortisone spray and literally sit there until they dried so she wouldn't lick it off. Tipper was allergic to everything!

It's 6:45. Only been up since 5 today. Pretty good, eh?

Jan