Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another Petey Act

John is out of town this week, leaving me to be Petey's number one and number two. It is a tiring job. Generally, John leaves for work about an hour before me and gets home about an hour before I do. So, Petey gets to go out just before I leave and then as soon as John gets home. This week he is having to wait an extra hour before going out in the afternoon. He's been a very good boy and hasn't peed in the house at all - at least not that I can find.

Yesterday, I had a late meeting at work and was going to be at least an hour and a half later than usual getting home. That would mean that Petey would have to wait an addition 2 1/2 hours before going out at the earliest. I enlisted Mama to come over during the afternoon to let him out so that he could make it the rest of the day. When I got home Petey greeted me as usual and seemed perfectly fine other than a, still unexplained black mark on his side. Everything seemed just fine until about 8:30.

Mama called then, and asked if he was OK. It was a surprising question since Petey seemed so fine. I asked why she asked and she said that he was very sick when she was here, and that he threw up outside. She stayed longer than she meant to, and was a little afraid to leave him. She even considered taking him home with her. In the end, she left him, although she was concerned the whole time.

We came to the conclusion that Petey didn't want her to leave, so he did what he could to make her stay. He knew just how to play her to make her stay. He didn't quite get what he wanted but she did stay longer than she meant to. We're really going to have to watch the little guy!!

Stay tuned for a post about how mad Petey is at John when he gets home!!!!

No comments: