Saturday, May 16, 2009

Unpredictable Pete!

John got home from his trip yesterday about 6:00 pm. Petey met him with the greatest of enthusiasm. I really wasn't surprised by this. I was sure that Petey would be glad to see John, but in a few minutes remember that he'd been abandoned by him and the punishment would begin. Oh no!! Petey carried on like you wouldn't believe jumping and dancing around. When John sat down, Petey wedged himself in the chair beside him. He was sooooooo glad to see John! He would just gaze up at him.

John had to leave again briefly about 6:30. I thought that would be it between those two and that Petey would have nothing to do with him when he got back home. John was gone for 20 or 30 minutes. Petey spent the entire time outside on the porch looking for him. John got just as enthusiastic greeting as before. I don't think Petey has let John out of his sight since then.

I think I'm still allowed to live here, but my second place designation has fallen a great distance. I stand corrected...

No comments: