Saturday, September 12, 2009

Petey's on a Hunger Strike

This afternoon I wrapped a birthday present which was not for Petey. Petey knows right where the wrapping paper is kept, and watches rather impatiently as gifts are wrapped. Knowing this, I tried to hurry and wrap the gift while he was outside. Alas, I was not fast enough. Petey busted me right in the middle of the process. He pranced around and prodded me with his paws the whole time I was working. I explained repeatedly that it was not his gift, but he didn't care. I tried to distract him with food. Real food, meat even, not his food or even a bacon treat. He would have nothing to do with it. John fixed him some of his food, which was a silly idea to begin with, further insulting the poor, pitiful, put upon, pooch. He's pouting on the couch now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you wrap his food? Just a thought.

Jan

Lori said...

Why didn't I think of that!!!

Anonymous said...

sometimes when you are in the throws of such an emergency your mind just doesn't work. Hopefully, next time you will know the proper protocol for such a disaster.

Jan