Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sunbathing

Today was and is a glorious day outside. I decided that it would be a good idea to sunbath for a little while this morning. I could extend the deep, dark tropical tan acquired on our cruise and get a little vitamin D at the same time. So I put on my bathing suit, got a towel, sunglasses and a book and headed out. What does this have to do with Petey?

He was with me every step of the way. He's already a little clingy because of the aforementioned trip, but I think he knew what I was doing and wanted to share in the fun. He stayed in the bathroom with me while I changed, stood patiently by my as I got the towel and other items together. He followed me to the garage to get the lawn chair. He didn't go in because he doesn't really like the garage. Quite frankly, neither do I, but that is where the lawn chairs are kept.

I found a nice sunny spot in the back yard and made a cozy little nest for myself and Petey laid in the grass beside me. Ahhhhh....what could be better? Ice water, that's what. I'd left it on the kitchen counter. I tried to tell Petey to go get it, but he totally ignored my request. I contemplated trying to yell to John to bring it to me, but decided that wasn't a good idea, so I went in for it. I told Petey that I'd be right back. When I returned, this is what I found.
He had totally swiped my chair! I told him to get down, but he ignored me. I told him to scoot over, but he wouldn't. I know that he know the meaning of both phrases because he is told them almost daily. I acted like I was going to sit down any way, thinking he'd move. He called my bluff. What's a girl to do? I had to get my vitamin D. My only option...It seemed to work for him. We had a nice time, until he decided he was thirsty too. Then we went inside.


No comments: