Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Moment for Misha


On Monday, my good friend from work Linda presented me & Petey this lovely Christmas gift. Linda and her dog Misha had made it for us over the weekend. Isn't it adorable!

Linda's job was to tie the treats on in a artful way. Misha's job was to sit patiently and wait for Linda to give her the broken or otherwise unsuitable treats. Much like what I am required to do when I'm baking and have a broken cookie. Someone has to eat it. It was a very sweet gift and one the both Petey and I appreciate very much. Petey appreciated it so much he actually ate several of the treats!

The gift was made even more special after sweet Misha died Monday afternoon. She fell down the steps Sunday night at home, and was unable to get up Monday morning. The vet thinks that maybe she punctured a lung in the fall. The vet put her to sleep and she went very peacefully. Misha was 15 years old. She'd been a faithful companion and was a lovable dog. I only got to see her a few times during her life, but she was always glad to see me.

Take a moment for Misha, and remind those that you love just how much you love them.

No comments: