Monday, August 27, 2012

Last Night

Petey managed to stay in the bed without falling out last night.  He and I (Lori) went to bed first like we virtually always do.  He likes to get way down under the cover at about my midsection.  He was on his side with his paws facing me and apparently had a bad case of RLS.  I couldn't take the constant pitter-patter of little paws on my back.  I decided my best course of action was to move to the other side of the bed and work it out with John later.

I got up, walked around the bed, and got back in on the other side.  That way Petey's back would be next to me.  I could even snuggle against it because he has soft fur.  That worked for about 2 seconds.  I didn't time it, so I can't be sure.  As soon as I got settled, Petey flipped over so that those pointy paws were jabbing me repeatedly every few seconds.

I thought about getting back up and going back to my rightful side but then realized that I was a human and Petey was a dog.  He should be the one adjusting not me.  Just about the time I had that thought, he decided to move. He moved so that his head was on the pillow and out from under the cover but his body was still covered like people do. I had to laugh.  He doesn't know he's a dog.

No comments: