Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Petey and Change

Petey is a very orderly dog. He likes his routine. He likes his routine very much!! He does not like for his routine to be changed. So times when things different around the house can be very upsetting for him. Putting up the Christmas tree is one such change.

We have an artificial Christmas tree. It has a center pole onto which branches of graduated sizes are attached to create a lovely tree. Last night about 9:00 pm, John decided to put the tree together. I was already getting ready for bed since I didn't know that John had started on the tree. Petey came to the bathroom to get me. He trotted into the bathroom with a great deal of concern on his face and in his body language. He ran from the bathroom and then back into the bathroom insisting that I follow him. Get the idea? "Timmy was in the well" as far as Petey was concerned. I followed him into the living room to find John sorting out the branches according to size. Petey trotted through the branches and sat down on the other side and looked at me as if to say "See what's going on here". John & I both chuckled over his concern, and much to Petey's dismay, I started helping put the tree together.

We have a tree with lights and garland on it. We haven't gotten the ornaments down yet. We'll do that tomorrow or the next day. We don't want to put undue stress on the poor dog.

No comments: