Friday, December 26, 2008

Petey's Christmas

Petey's day started out great. He got to open his gifts first. (I tried to upload a video, but couldn't make it work...)

Petey got peanut butter treats, bacon treats, people crackers and a stepping stone kit, where he can leave his paw prints.

John and I then exchanged gifts. Petey dashed back and forth between us, helping as best he could. When we had finished with our gifts there were still quite a few under the tree because we exchange gifts with our extended family the day after Christmas. Petey was quite distressed at this and began running back & forth between us and the tree where all the gifts were showing us that we were by no means finished. In order to distract him we gave him a peanut butter treats he had opened earlier. He was happy with that.

John and I then began to get ready to go to my sister's for the afternoon. Petey puked in the floor sometime during that process. I cleaned it up; mentioned it to John, and didn't think anything else about it. I got home from my sister's at about 4:30. Soon after that I noticed Petey's body language indicating he was going to puke again, so I hurried him outside. He stayed a good, long while and although I did not witness any upchucking, I figured he'd done the deed. John got home a couple of hours later. Very shortly after that, Petey got in his lap and threw up all over him. Gross does not begin to describe it. I'll spare the details, but we decided that the peanut butter treats did not agree with ol' Petey's digestive system. They are in the trash and he seems perfectly fine now.

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: