Thursday, January 29, 2009

Petey's Birthday

Petey came to live with us in August. His previous owner told us that his birthday was in February, but she wasn't sure when. We wanted Petey to have a birthday so we could celebrate particularly after we learned that he loved to open gifts so much. We needed to select a date that we could remember from year to year. I didn't want it to be Valentine's Day because I didn't want the human residents of the household to have to share our special day. After lots of consideration, at least 45 seconds, we agreed that February 2nd should be Petey's birthday. To save you a trip to your calendar to find out what is so special about February 2, it is Groundhog Day. Petey is a furry little fellow and likes to burrow. It seemed to fit. He doesn't care. He just wants to open gifts.


So, on February 2, 2009 Petey will celebrate his 12th birthday. John suggested making a bacon flavored cake for the occasion, because Petey likes bacon treats so much. I'm not too keen on that idea. I might make a cake for John and me, but it won't be bacon flavored. I'll probably wrap up a few bacon treats for him and maybe rewrap his stepping stone from Christmas since he hasn't worked on it yet. He won't care. I know I won't get him any peanut butter pops. Neither one of us wants to deal with that again!! He doesn't need any more toys. That is another post.

No comments: